Returning to work is an important step for many (former) cancer patients after being ill. However, a lot of (ex-)cancer patients experience problems returning to work due to physical, cognitive and/or psychological problems due to disease and its treatment. Rentree was set up to meet the need for specialized (intensive) guidance in the context of returning to work after cancer or continuing work during treatment by assigning a Rentree coach to a patient and by organising counselling sessions.
Who can join?
- Employees, self-employed and civil servants who want to return to work in any form after an illness or who would like to continue working during their treatment.
- Jobseekers on sickness benefit, unemployment benefit or other forms of income who want support in their search for a job.
What does the Rentree process encompass?
Rentree goes through the following steps:
- An introductory talk, without any obligation, during which the patient will be informed about Rentree and expectations will be mapped out.
- A preparatory phase with attention for the impact of cancer on the patient’s functioning, the legal aspects of reintegration, the patient’s view on returning to work, tips and tricks, orientation, etc.
- Making concrete plans regarding the patient’s return or search for a new job by drawing up a Rentree plan. If the patient wishes, the Rentree coach can also consult the patient’s network (doctors, employer, support services,…) in this phase.
- The follow-up during the patient’s (new) job.
- A closing meeting in which Rentree looks back on the patient’s path in terms of work and discuss points for attention for the future.
The College of Oncology supports the Rentree initiative and advises all oncologists, physicians, nurses, physiotherapists and social workers to discuss the initiative with their patients and refer him or her to Rentree. You can order Rentree brochures and/or posters via the contact details below.
For more information, visit the Rentree website (https://www.rentree.eu/) or reach out to Rentree@dewerkplekarchitecten.be or 0487 90 74 80.